I get it. I lost weight.
I know a lot of my friends constantly look at their bodies and want to lose weight, but when I do, for some reason I get scared. This post might look like I’m bragging, but I really don’t know what I can be bragging about.
My friends go through so much effort – exercise, salads, starvations (which I SO disapprove), etc. – just to lose weight, and I just…do. I don’t even know why. Maybe I’m doing something right by accident, it’s not like I’m cutting down on my McDonald’s. If anything, I may have eaten more McDonald’s recently.
Everything about losing weight terrifies me. Yes, I am thankful that I’ve shrunk from secondary school, but if this keeps going on without me putting in intense effort, I feel that I should start worrying. Thigh gaps, for example, not that I have them, but then again, I don’t want them – I’m honestly pretty scared of that too. Come to think of it, I’m already starting to worry a bit about how my ankles look. It’s not a vanity thing, it’s just that they don’t look normal to me.
Here’s what a friend once told me though –
“Don’t care! Just eat whatever you want!”
As simple as that, and yet, her words have created so much impact on me. Indeed, it sounds more like something to say to someone who fears weight gain, but I guess it applies to anyone who eats in general. Consider me inspired.
So here’s a mental list of things I may have accidentally done right –
- Salads are honestly not that bad – especially croutons.
- Rice is starting to taste worse and worse – or maybe I’m bored.
- Despite my shoulder – welcome back, swimming.
- Soup Spoon Satisfies Self
- Does Diet Coke actually taste better? – Yes, I know – aspartame. I’m trying to cut down on that.
- For a fact – McNuggets contain less calories than a Big Mac.
- The shortest queues in school usually involve salads or sushi.
- Does Green Tea do stuff? I think I’m addicted to it.
- Does Meiji Milk do stuff? I think I’m addicted to it.
So here’s a mental list of things I think I’m supposedly doing wrong –
- What’s a gym?
- Ooh! McDonald’s!
- Ooh! Fried Food!
- Ooh! Food in general!
- Ice Cream is essential in one’s daily diet – but I don’t eat it daily.
- Something about sleeping late – that always contributes to something.
Though it seems that I have been growing skinnier, mathematically speaking, I’ve been circulating around the same amount of kilos. This just makes things weirder – what is happening to me? Perhaps the abovementioned seems to be a nice balance of weight maintenance. Perhaps I should just continue living as I have been for the past few moments? Maybe I should actually start caring when something goes really wrong, instead of being so paranoid over something that I feel is wrong, simply because everyone around me thinks it’s wrong.